Please read this safety guide before riding an electric scooter
Congratulations on purchasing your new e-scooter! We really hope you enjoy scooting. We have created this e-scooter safety document so that you’re well prepared to ride, so please take the time to read it.
The most important thing is to ride your scooter safely. An adult electric scooter is not a toy, they are powerful machines so you need to learn how to ride them safely, properly and responsibly.
You’ll be able to work out how to ride your electric scooter fairly quickly, however please practice riding it in a safe place with limited obstacles. A few key things to remember when riding:
- Wear flat shoes. Trainers are ideal, please do not scoot in flip flops or sandals.
- You must wear a helmet at all times and other protective gear if you feel it necessary; such as: elbow and knee protectors and padded gloves which will allow a firmer grip on the handlebars.
- If you are riding in the dark, please wear visible and reflective clothing.
- When riding please look ahead! I know this sounds silly but there can be distractions around us. Be aware.
- Don’t use your phone while scooting
- Make sure you know the scooter functions, understand the control unit and are familiar with every aspect of the scooter.
- When riding your e-scooter avoid the use of headphones, you must be aware of your surrounding areas and sounds around you.
- When riding DO NOT pull or push on the steering column. When accelerating or braking don’t pull or push on the steering column. Use your feet to shift your centre of mass. The steering column isn’t designed to take a heavy weight, if you are leaning on to it, pulling and pushing it you will have problems with it in the future.
- Please do not ride your e-scooter in the rain or wet conditions as this could damage the battery and it won’t be covered by the warranty if it’s water damaged.
Please see our YouTube Channel for advice on stance, brake set up, and steering column.
Overall, choosing a high-quality e-scooter will mean that you will have fewer issues but if you neglect your e-scooter and don’t maintain it, it can be dangerous to ride. We’ve put together a detailed guide to maintaining your e-scooter to help make sure nothing gets missed.
We do have a service centre for repairs and servicing which is chargeable. Please get in touch for further information: email@example.com